Tips for saving energy
- Install the appliance in a cool, well ventilated room, but not in direct sunlight and not near a heat source (radiator, cooker… etc). Otherwise use an insulating plate.
- Allow warm food and drinks to cool down outside the appliance.
- When thawing frozen food, place it in the refrigerator compartment. The low temperature of the frozen food will help to cool the refrigerator compartment when it is thawing. This will help to save energy. If the frozen food is put out, it results in a waste of energy.
- Cover drinks or liquids when placing them in the appliance. Otherwise humidity increases in the appliance. Therefore, the working time gets longer. Also covering drinks and other liquids helps to preserve smell and taste.
- Try to avoid keeping the doors open for long periods or opening the doors too frequently as warm air will enter the cabinet and cause the compressor to switch on unnecessarily often.
- Keep the covers of the different temperature compartments (crisper, chiller… etc) closed.
- Door gasket my be clean and pliable. Replace gaskets if worn.